What is Invisalign?
Wearing Invisalign is an excellent option for older teenagers and adults. This brace type is discreet, no wires and brackets necessary. Drs. Merryl and Frank Visintini can help you!
More About Invisalign :
Invisalign gently move teeth into their proper position. Your Bay Ridge, Brooklyn dentist orders a series of custom aligner trays. You don't even need to visit your doctor periodically, just exchange the braces every two to three weeks yourself. You'll need to wear the clear aligners 20 to 22 hours per day.
You can take them off when brushing and flossing your teeth, and to also clean the aligners themselves. You can take your braces off during special events, like weddings, job interviews, or any other casual party, but that's unnecessary since no one can see them.
Advantages of Invisalign :
There are several advantages to wearing Invisalign:
- Invisalign braces are transparent, so no one will notice unless you share that information
- They don't alter or inhibit speech like wired braces
- Invisalign is removable, which makes cleaning them easy
- Your food choices are not limited, so you can enjoy eating apples, or sticky food, like taffy
- Trays fit snugly over teeth, which makes them comfortable
There are basic steps to maintain proper oral hygiene, here are some of them:
- Remove braces while eating, as well as maintaining a healthy oral regimen.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once before bed to remove plaque and food debris.
- Use fluoride-containing products, like mouthwash and toothpaste to protect your teeth.
- Visit your doctor for a biannual cleaning to protect your dental health.
If you are interested in knowing whether or not you're a candidate for Invisalign, then call Drs. Merryl and Frank Visintini, your Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY, dentists at (718) 748-1710.